Talk'n The Talk & Wok'n The Wok

Monday, May 12, 2008

7.8 New China Experience

Earthquake!

Around 2:30pm today I was sitting in my 19th floor office when I felt dizzy for a few seconds. Another 10 seconds later it got stronger, I looked outside and realized the building was swaying. Lasted about a minute. The quake was measured at 7.8 and was centered around Chengdu in the Sichuan Province in central China, about 950 miles away from Beijing. Can't imagine what it felt like close to the epicenter. No reported damage in Beijing as far as I know.

I've never really considered Chinese construction to be among the safest in an earthquake, so it wasn't the most enjoyable experience I've ever had.

All is well though!

Derek

Check out this posting on China's version of YouTube:

1 Comments:

  • i just went through this whole blog looking for a comment or picture of me. NOTHING. NADA. MEIYOU.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home